Sequel are on the hunt for a talented web developer to join our team
SO WHAT DO WE WANT?
A switched on web developer with initiative and an ability to learn quickly
WHEN DO WE WANT IT?
Now! We’re ready for you to join our team ASAP
AND WHAT DO YOU GET?
- Competitive salary (dependant on experience)
- Varied and exciting web projects to work on
- A chance to grow and expand your knowledge
- Flexible schedule
- Casual dress (just remember to put trousers on for your Zoom meetings)
- A team of awesome people to work with who love Domino’s on a Friday (if you don’t like pizza though, not sure we can be friends )
WHO ARE SEQUEL?
We’re an award winning Yeovil based web agency that loves helping B2B businesses with their e-commerce websites, web applications, as well as guiding clients through clearing their cache (just kidding… sort of).
We eat, sleep and breathe all things web and creating highly functional, intuitive solutions for our clients is our bread and butter! We pride ourselves on quality over quantity which is what consistently keeps our clients coming back for more. Take a look at some of our recent work here.
ABOUT THE JOB ROLE
We’re looking for a full-time web developer who can help us to manage and maintain the development of our websites and databases,
You’ll be working closely with our team and designers, clients, and other creatives in order to plan and implement new processes and solutions. So it’s important that you’re dependable, organised, and ready for a challenge, whilst also able to effectively communicate with other members of the team to ensure work flows seamlessly.
The role will require you to work in a fast-paced environment where you will need to have knowledge of a number of languages and systems, predominantly WordPress and Laravel as a bonus.
WHAT YOU’LL HAVE:
- PHP development experience
- WordPress experience
- Ability to hand-code semantic and accessible markup
- Well versed with cross-browser testing
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and time management skills
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT TO HAVE:
- 2+ years of industry/agency experience
- Server management
- Knowledge of REST APIs
- Understanding of good UI/UX techniques
- Experience with GIT or other version control software
- NPM/Webpack experience
- A great Spotify playlist!
Whilst experience is great, it’s not essential. And we’d rather have you on our team with 1 years worth of experience, but passionate and excited, than someone with 5 years experience that’s only here for the free biscuits.